Dogs are welcome
Discover our “pets allowed” Family Camping Village at Castiglione della Pescaia
The Stella del Mare Family Camping Village is one of the few campsites in Castiglione della Pescaia, Tuscany with a convenient dog beach just a 10-minute walk from the village.
Your four-legged friends are always welcome in our Family Camping Village!
(N.B: there may be some restrictions for large-sized dogs).
At the Stella del Mare Family Camping Village you can use all the green areas of the campsite to walk your dog and enjoy his company, and that’s not all! These are all the services and facilities we offer for your four-legged friend:
- Dedicated “Dog Beach”, just a few hundred metres from the campsite;
- Access for your dog to the outside veranda of the restaurant so you can enjoy his company whilst savouring your favourite dish;
- Specific food and hygiene products for your pet available for purchase inside the campsite supermarket;
- Use of all green areas on the campsite for walking your faithful friend;
- Free access for dogs to the pinewood running along the back of the beach open to animals;
- Free bag dispensers located around the Stella del Mare Family Camping Village.
A few tips for making the best use of the “Dog Beach” near the Stella del Mare Family Camping Village:
- If you are going to use the free beach, don’t forget your umbrella. This will ensure some shade is always available for your dog, thereby avoiding sun and heat stroke;
- Bring your dog’s health card, which shows compulsory vaccinations, with you;
- It is essential your dog’s water bowl is always filled with fresh, clean water;
- Take a few light snacks for your dog with you;
- Please keep your dog on a lead at all times: the beach could be a source of unforeseen and unpleasant situations;
- Take some of his favourite toys with you and of course, a poop scoop and bags to clean up after him.
Ask about availability now or request a quotation; remember to indicate in the “Dogs” box the number of animals you will be bringing with you. You will be notified of availability based on your request. And don’t forget our few extremely simple rules to be followed for a peaceful and tranquil holiday with your dog or cat:
- Pets are permitted in certain types of Bungalow and Camping Pitches only if booked in advance.
- It is compulsory to indicate the presence of pets at the time of booking, up to a maximum of two pets per unit are permitted, and vaccination certificates must be presented when checking in.
- Dogs are not allowed on the free beach apart from in the area specifically set aside (as set out in municipal regulations)Animals must be kept on a lead and, if necessary, wear a muzzle.
- Owners must clean up after their pets using a poop scoop for that purpose and ensure they do not disturb other guests in the village.
- Owners are fully liable for any damage caused to third parties and Village facilities by their animals
- Animals are not allowed in the playground, toilet facilities or in the pool park.
- Breeds of dog considered dangerous are subject to being accepted by Management.
Do not forget to fit your pets with a microchip and register them with the regional pet registers. It is in fact compulsory for dogs and recommended for cats as it allows your friend to be recovered immediately if he is lost.